➜ Make a post (public, friends-locked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
➜ If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
➜ Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
➜ Surf around your friends-list (or friends' friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their lists. And now here's the important part:
➜ If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
My list: (updated 161008)
- W Korea August 2015 issue and/or Urbanlike 34th issue
- A shoujo Kaistal fic (preferably with a scene like this) or something based on this
- "The Girl on Paper" by Gillaume Musso and/or "Asleep" by Banana Yoshimoto and/or "The Architecture of Happiness" by Alain de Botton
- SHINee's The Misconceptions of Us and/or Odd (version A) and/or 1of1 cassete tape
- Some sort of a trailer for JB/Hyejeong or Woohyun/Chorong or Kaistal (or any of my top ships) using this music
- This t-shirt (or sweater) in navy
- This Malaya Co. bag
- JJP fic based on their Q&A "Are you happy?"/"I don't know" from JB's 4 Things Show
- Artsy Taemin icons
you can ask for my address and contact details and i'll pm you :)
also check out my friends' wishlist: